: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/elitecos/public_html/templates/gk_mo/html/com_content/article/default.php
on line 14
Crystalline Silica Dust Exposure Training
OSHA is planning to enforce a Crystalline Silica standard in the construction industry. It will begin Sept. 23, 2017. The question is,
Are you Compliant?
Take the test below to see.
OSHA requires employers in the construction industry to be compliant with the new permissible exposure limit, and to implement specific dust controls for certain operations as provided in Table 1 of the standard. Construction employers should also continue to prepare to implement the standard's other requirements, including exposure assessment, medical surveillance and employee training.
1. When is silica a hazard for construction workers?
2. What construction materials contain silica?
3. How much silica dust is too much?
4. What should employers do to protect their employees?
5. How do I prevent exposures and control the dust?
6. What is a competent person under the standard and what are they responsible for?
7. When do respirators need to be used and what type should be used?
If you answered, “you do not know” to ANY of these questions, Elite Safety Companies, Inc. is here to help you with all your questions. Elite Safety Companies, Inc. offers Silica Awareness training as well as “Competent Person” training. We have a comprehensive compliance and exposure prevention plan.
Contact Elite Safety Companies, Inc. at 775-626-9100 for more information.